Position: Sales and Marketing Manager
JOB DESCRIPTION/ Profile: -
- Formulate and implement strategic and tactical sales and marketing plan; oversee all necessary activities to fulfill strategic objectives
- Identify and approach potential new clients, convert enquiries from potential client to sales.
- Develop relationship with existing clients and maximize revenue potential
- Develop existing marketing activities to ensure awareness of the company among all target group
- Provide timely and reliable management information
- Work to word building the overall strength and perform of the sales and marketing team and the company as a whole
Duties and Responsibilities
1.New business development and direct marketing
- Suggest viable target clients and industries ,sourcing relevant data as necessary
- Approach potential clients through various channels, including cold calling and direct mail campaigns
- Participate in events that will promote the awareness of the company and its credentials.
- Arrange and lead new business meetings, delivering sales presentation in a polished, professional manner.
- Be familiar with the range of services offered by SJS and understand how to identify client requirements that can be met by these services.
- Work with the Head Business and marketing team in the development of ideas for new services and new markets for existing services.
2.Proposal and order taking
- Adopt a consultative approach in working with clients to establish requirements and propose solutions, using technology to strengthen SJS’s offering.
- Work with operations teams to cost and develop proposals for large, complex projects.
- Oversee prompt production of day-to-day quotes for regular clients.
- Work with the managing director and operations teams to transition the responsibility for day-to-day quoting over to the operations teams.
- Maintain awareness of the company among existing prospects through periodic follow-up calls.
- Oversee production and distribution of quarterly newsletter.
4.Advertising and PR
- Analyze advertising opportunities and propose campaigns where strong ROI is expected.
- Oversee copy writing
- Identify need for production of new marketing collateral and updates to existing materials; oversee production.
- Identify PR opportunities, develop relationships with journalists and submit press releases.
- Ensure that colleagues at all levels are following prospect tracking systems.
- Review existing online marketing strategy, suggest and implement improvements.
- Ensure the company’s website continues to rank in top pages on all major search engines for targeted keywords.
- Oversee day-to-day updates and maintenance.
- Review existing data collection systems, suggest and implement improvements.
- Collate data on clients, enquiries, conversions and website activity.
- Present monthly report to managing director, analysing past performance and proposing future activities and direction.